Our client, a manufacturing company is looking to hire an Accounts Payable officer.
Reports to; Finance Controller
Job Location; Nyahururu
To have a person responsible for all supplier invoices as well as payments.
- To ensure that all debts are recognized and accounted for according to the company financial procedures and the IFRS.
- Ensure timely preparation and filing all required tax returns
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that all supplier invoices are received and booked in the right period.
- To ensure that all invoices are processed and properly classified
- To ensure that all supplier accounts are up to date and reconciled regularly (monthly).
- Act as the contact person between the company and the suppliers.
- Maintain the ledger account for all the suppliers.
- Coordinate all payments to vendors, employees and other parties.
- Correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, requisitions, LPO’s, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers
- Prepare, file and submit orders for purchase
- Serves as key leader with understanding of the business and technical financial processes compliance in terms of withholding tax and other aspects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelors’ degree preferably with a major in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- ACCA, or CPA graduate
- Proven track record of success and accomplishment in previous position(s).
- Knowledge of IFRS procedures and policies strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of internal controls and procedures
- Strong track record on integrity and business conduct standards
- Minimum 3 years’ managing corporate accounts payable;
- Preferably experience with ERP
- Experience of manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 29th September 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted