Our client, a manufacturing company is looking to hire a Boiler Operator.
Reports to; Senior Operation Supervisor
Job Location; Nyahururu
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the operation, servicing, and repair of high pressure steam boilers, pumps, motors, oil heaters, gas controls, emergency power generator and boiler controls
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget
- Supervise team of assistant operators and mechanics by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations in order to ensure full compliance at all times
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrade
- Operating the boiler safely as per OSHA requirements and optimally for reliable supply of steam
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Diploma in Boiler Operation, Intermediate Certificate in Boiler Operation Field from a recognized institution.
- At least 4 years working experience as a Boiler Operator in a Manufacturing setup.
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards.
- Knowledge of water treatment, electricity, plumbing welding will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Diesel engines and Petrol engine.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th September 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted