Our client is a well-established entity focusing on Health Asset Management in Africa. They seek to hire a Finance and Accounting Associate based in Nairobi.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate should provide comprehensive and proactive support to the finance department through the provision of high quality, technical financial support on a range of financial matters, including analysing financial information, producing financial reports and implementing financial policies and other tools to enhance financial policies, financial integrity and consistency in standards to facilitate decision making .
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
Financial Accounting role:
- Responsible for developing annual plans and budgets for the Finance department to support the achievement of the corporate strategy.
- Updates and implements financial and accounting policies, procedures, and strategies across the organization.
- Manages software accounting system and ensures the business runs smoothly and profitably.
- Prepares the monthly financials as well as monthly management reports for Head of Accounts and CFO.
- Manages relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g., regulatory organizations, external auditors, banks etc.
- Ensures prompt administration of monthly payrolls, staff allowances and benefits, tax remittance, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees.
- Implements and ensures compliance with the accounting policies and procedures of the company, other company-owned and operated brands across the country) in line with financial regulatory standards.
Financial Admin role:
- Submitting claim forms & ensuring payment to vendors for various office related expenses.
- Issuance and preparation of invoices and receipts to ensure compliance with agreed standards and deadline.
- Ensure prompt and timely preparation & management of weekly receivables report and tracking for follow up to ensure collections to agreed terms.
- Management & preparation of monthly payables report, along with monthly costs budget.
- Preparation of monthly statement of receipts & disbursement report.
Internal Audit role:
- Works with the team on reviewing operational and financial processes to provide management with an independent assessment of business risk, internal control and overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
- Provide periodic report to Audit Committee on Audit Plan and on Internal Audit assignments, investigations.
- Ensures the accurate recording of financial transactions, and the prompt reconciliation of all accounts.
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes, and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in coordinating the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Investigate specific cases of fraud, defalcations and other malpractices and make appropriate recommendation to prevent future re –occurrence.
- Performs pre- and post-payment audit of salaries, major purchases and other transactions involving cash flow to ensure they are properly authorized and approved with supporting documents.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Economics
- A Professional certification in ACCA or any related international qualification.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in Finance & Accounting role.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems/software and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Sage 50 (Peach tree), QuickBooks, Xero etc.
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control.
- Financial reporting and Tax planning/management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management/negotiation/Presentation skills.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 31st May 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted