Our client in the FMCG industry is looking to hire a Finance Manager based in Nairobi.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations; maintaining our company's financial health and increase profitability; managing the financial reporting for the organization.
Main Tasks AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the executive team make critical business decisions.
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the executive management, external users and board of directors.
- Involve in the formulation of the business's strategy, evaluate financial risks associated with strategy, and advise on the sustainability.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organization and liaising with the external tax firm and auditors for specific advices.
- Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate budgetary controls.
- Managing hedging and foreign currencies to cushion the company from foreign exchange losses.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organization is compliant with accounting standards and local statutory requirements.
- Managing and overseeing the company's banking and borrowing arrangements by providing relevant information to the bankers and monitoring adherence to financial covenants.
- Regularly conduct gap analysis in financial processes and institute solid financial systems with the aid of technology to control risks.
- Perform investment appraisal and analysis as and when required, present cost benefit analysis for different investment options to management.
- Formulate operating/ capital budgets, establish cost control procedures and present results to both finance & non-finance people to understand.
- In charge of recruitment, training, mentoring and development of accounting staff
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial and other management accounting functions.
- Risk management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place, manage insurance portfolio of the company.
- Advising and implementing best practice initiatives to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the executive management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountancy
- 8+ years' experience in a senior financial managerial position with a proven record of success
- Sound decision making skills based on accurate and timely analyses
- Results oriented and metrics driven
- Exceptional time management and able to solve problems
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate with top management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
Kindly upload your CV if you meet below requirements here before 19th May 2021 using the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted