- Develop recipes according to the final manufacturing processes specific to each customer’s manufacturing site.
- Have a good understanding of relevant analytical techniques.
- Have a good understanding of relevant raw materials.
- Help compile a flavour portfolio to service customer requirements rapidly. The portfolio should be constructed of the best flavourings from across the Frutarom group.
- Be customer focused. Present to customers as and when required, on or off site. Provide technical advice to customers were able and applicable.
- Manage own workload.
- Be autonomous in their daily activities but ensure timely and clear updates / communications with colleagues and customers.
- Develop close working relationships with other functions and across all internal sites.
- Have working knowledge of nutritional calculations and awareness of relevant regulations surrounding no sugar, low sugar, reduced sugar, etc.
- Have up to date knowledge of the relevant food/drink industry, as well as good awareness of country regulations and legislation.
Have an understanding of changes in the industry, new trends and marketing information.
|The job holder (JH) will also be:-|
- Employing Consumer Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental Safety principles in all activities.
- Aware of safe product design, patents, competitor products, commercial processes, and project management.
- Responsible for the handling and control of ingredients and samples: including ordering, logging in, maintaining records, and storage/disposal.
- Running internal product assessment sessions, summarising and reporting the output.
- Responsible for the maintenance of product development and storage facilities, and necessary equipment in accordance with internal quality systems.
- Required to be flexible, providing technical support across projects and teams as required.
- Expected to attend training schemes as agreed with their Line Manager.
- Consumer & Customer Focus
- Practical Creativity
- Bias for Action
- Concern for rigour and order
- Team Working
Key General Skills
- Planning/Designing own work program
- Time management
- Systematic approach to product development and recipe design
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Data collection
- Passion for food/drink is highly desirable
- Health and Safety
Minimum Professional Skills
- Relevant qualifications in a scientific/food related area at further education level (degree or similar).
- A minimum of 4 years suitable work experience, preferably in a Flavour Application or NPD role.
- Foundation training/qualification in Food Hygiene desirable.
- Minimum Requirements/ Experience if applicable
- Examples of activities as detailed in ‘Key General Skills’ section and working to deadlines.
- Proven track record of successful product development.
- Experience with HACCP, GMP and Food Hygiene.
- Experience with QA systems.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Customer visits.
- Work from other UK visits.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15 Feb,2020