Vacancy: General Manager
Our client a manufacturing firm is looking to hire a General Manager.
To improve efficiency and increase profits while managing the overall operations of the organisations, to plan, organize, lead and control the daily operations of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in formulating and administering company policies, direct and coordinate all departmental activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- To reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward set goals and objectives.
- Confer with the Directors and Head of Departments to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- To develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales, purchase, logistics performance and new projects.
- To oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- To coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- To utilize financial data to improve profitability, prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support, plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- Ensure compliance with all County and National Government regulations in all aspects of the Organization’s operations. (NEMA, EMCA, WARMA, KEFRI KEBS, DOSHS.)
- Liaise with top management, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity, implement and manage operational plans.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in business Management or a Masters in Business Administration.
- Knowledge of SAP B1
- Over 10 years working experience in a Manufacturing Industry will be an added
- Good Knowledge of different business functions
- Strong leadership skills and qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of county and National rules and regulations that affect business operations and having experience dealing Government bodies that regulate business operation in Kenya
will be an added advantage.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 14th December 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.