Our client is a well-established entity focusing on Health Asset Management in Africa. They are looking to hire a Global Head, Human Resources.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing policies and best practices for the organization, administering benefits and supervising the HR and Recruitment team; performance management and personnel compliance with full-time headquarters staff and overseas employees, and advising country offices.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee recruitment process and be directly involved in the recruitment of all positions; Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to recruit the right talent.
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process, according to the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Creation of compensation plans and provide administration for employee benefits.
- Conduct periodic salary benchmarking exercise to ensure all current and future salaries are competitive with existing in-country market rate and present to management for review and approval.
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with employees. Employee Relations and Company Culture:
- Consistently maintaining favorable and effective relations among employees, accountable for motivating HODs to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of their team members.
- Act as an impartial mediator, counselor and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between/among employees, meeting all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Work with the legal team in ensuring that the company is protected from any employee litigation.
Administrative & Compliance role:
- Collaborate with the Head of Administration.
- Lead the implementation for the organization’s global HR Operating Policies and Procedures, ensuring the organization follows all labor laws and minimizes legal exposure.
- Conduct periodic file audit for all employees ensuring that all information is properly stored, updated and confidentially maintained.
- Perform HR due diligence for all the organization’s-acquired facilities during M&A.
- Work with the finance team, ensuring all employee-statutory deductions are properly processed.
- Oversee all employee logistics
- Serve as an ambassador and champion for the organizations values (‘MATI’): Standards for Professional Code of Conduct; escalate code of conduct issues to management for additional support and to ensure issue is resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out.
- Manage all other HR initiatives Coordinate all global and regional events, leading sessions as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- An M.Sc. or MBA in Human Resources or advanced professional certification in human resource management (SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification)
- Minimum of 10 years of HR Management Experience or demonstrated success as an HR generalist, supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations across the continent or globe.
- Knowledge of labor law across Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya etc. and, more importantly, application in the day-to-day working environment is critical to the success of the position.
- Proficient in the use of computer and Microsoft Office Suites, including HRIS, ERP system.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work across countries, cultures, and organizational units.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 10th June 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted