VACANT POSITION: Head of Commercial Services
Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a Head of Commercial Services
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct reports: Sales Manager, Branding and Marketing Manager, Pricing Officer
To develop and implement sales and Marketing strategies to ensure increased market share and profitability on sustainable basis in line with the strategic plan and annual Business Plan, and provide overall direction for sales and marketing operations to ensure customer retention.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the commercial department to achieve objectives established in the company turnaround plan;
- Work with the Board of Directors and the Managing Director to set the annual income targets for the company.
- Analysis of sales statistics to determine business growth potential across various segments;
- Initiate action plans to approach and secure new businesses for the company.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for all product lines
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to pre-set standards and industry and economic trends.
- Develop and communicate a clear understanding of customer needs across various segments
- Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities based on the marketing plan
- Develop guidelines and manage the communication with customers throughout the purchasing process to ensure retention and satisfaction
- Recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share and meet set revenue targets
- Direct market channel development activities and coordinate sales & distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals for sales force
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for all products.
- Review and analyse sales performance against programs, quotas and plans to determine effectiveness of the sales force and recommendation of remedial actions
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail in line with laws and regulations
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities and recommends adjustments in the route to market;
- Directs product research and development.
- Oversee the preparation of the Department’s annual operating and capital budgets ensuring that the budget conforms to the overall business strategy and remaining accountable for its implementation;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Marketing/Strategic Management or any other relevant field.
- Postgraduate qualification in Marketing from a recognized institution.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketers.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a senior management position.
- Experience in sales and marketing in a manufacturing organisation.
- Excellent leadership & management skills, including staff motivation
- Strong business acumen and Visionary but also pragmatic
- Good knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning
- Good negotiation skills and presentation Skills
- Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities
All applications should be done on or before close of business 12th September 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted