VACANT POSITION: Head of Finance
Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a Head of Finance
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct reports: Finance Manager
To be responsible for all financial and management accounts, treasury, tax, financial risk management and control functions, budgeting and investor reporting.
In addition, the Head of Finance is responsible for developing strategies for financial and tax efficiencies and preserving the assets of the company through the provision of accurate information to stakeholders and informing the future strategy of the company
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To take overall lead of all the company financial functions; with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial controls, and internal and external reporting.
• Ensure that the organization is properly capitalized to finance its strategic plans
• Responsible for developing a deep understanding of the economics of the company's turnaround plan, how differing recovery initiatives require different amounts and types of capital and approaches, and making sure that capital is available.
• Provide timely and relevant information to the executive team and board, to assist with major strategic decisions
• Responsible for the design and implementation of a management accounting framework appropriate for where the business is today, and where the business is going in the next 5 years. This should provide management with top-notch data for informing strategic decisions, in which the Head of Finance will participate.
• Guide the company to appropriately choose strategic investment options, based on their risk/return profile.
• Assure that the organization has the optimal legal structure for our business lines; review the current structure for its tax and cost efficiency, design and lead the implementation of any changes to the company structure if appropriate, and advise on optimal structures for subsidiaries in other markets.
• Lead the organization in building a top-class finance team by mentoring and building on the team in place
• Play a key role in shaping the overall strategy of the business working closely with Board members and the executive team.
• Establish strong working practices with other departments Commercial Services, HR and Admin, and Supply Chain.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
• Master’s Degree in Finance or any other relevant field.
• Postgraduate qualification in Finance from a recognized institution.
• Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya.
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a senior management position.
• Extensive experience leading a finance function of a $50 million plus revenue company – preferably a business with a strong financing or credit component. Ideally experienced at dealing with subsidiaries in multiple countries, and at least some public company experience.
• Excellent leadership & management skills, including staff motivation
• Track record of performance and exceptional leadership capabilities
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15th September on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted