VACANT POSITION: Head of HR and Admin
Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a Head of HR and Admin
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct reports: HR and Admin Manager
To continuously acquire, develop and retain an innovative, learning and competent human capital in the value chain in order to meet organizational goals while ensuring efficiency in delivery of administrative services within the organisation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and driving the implementation of overall Human Capital strategy for the organization.
Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation requirements in executing all employee actions from hire to retire by continuously studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions from time to time
- Supports management and the Board of Directors by providing human resources advice, counsel, and guiding management decisions in line with best practices and requirements of the labour laws
- Development of human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating manning requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of manning level variances
- Management of human resources operations by timely recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff;
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff utilization and labour productivity; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Oversee the preparation of the Department’s annual operating and capital budgets ensuring that the budget conforms to the overall business strategy and remaining accountable for its implementation;
- Act as a change agent in the organisation and champion for the desired organisational culture to support turnaround initiatives
- Guiding management actions through development of policies, procedures and effecting changes promptly where necessary
- Develop and maintain an innovative, learning, technologically savvy and high performance culture in the organization through:
- Implementation of various policies that support learning and development culture within the organisation
- Identify organization-wide current and future capability requirements and put in place to ensure continuous supply of competent manpower through the value chain
- Develop programs to promote creativity and innovation
- Implement, monitor, and continuously improve the performance management framework, in line with the strategic objectives and feedback from employees at all levels
- Maintain a conducive working and living environment for all staff through implementation of various programmes with demonstrable benefits to the business
- Maintain a high performing workforce through entrenchment of a performance culture in the organisation;
- Manage the overall provision of Services to staff through the medical Insurance service providers.
- Timely implementation of initiatives and management of emerging labour relations issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration - Human Resource Management or any other relevant field.
- Postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a senior management position.
- Experience in human resource management in a manufacturing organisation.
Excellent leadership & management skills, including staff motivation.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15th December 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted