Our Client a Private Group of Schools operating various Campus in Nairobi is seeking to fill the position of Head Teacher, reporting to the principal kindergarten.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Overall leadership and Management of the school, leading HOD’s/Level leaders and colleagues in the implementation of strategy, policy and development plans. In particular s/he shall advise on and implement rigorous academic and pastoral policies to ensure that students receive the highest standard of education, and that demanding and measurable targets and objectives are set for staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To Lead, manage and develop staff to ensure that the school’s resources enable everyone to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Fully in charge of staff discipline and coordination.
- Managing of staff attendance and punctuality
- To ensure the highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, policy formulation and curriculum and its implementation.
- Lead in provision of excellent pastoral care and support for students and a rich extra-curricular programme.
- To lead and direct all members of staff and learners, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure, and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation, including health and safety.
- To be responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communications with all stakeholders, including Board, staff, pupils, parents, the community served by the school, the local authority (LA) and relevant government agencies.
- To attend meetings of the management, provide management with regular reports on school developments and activities and consult with the management wherever appropriate, for example in the formulation of development plans.
- To keep abreast of changes in government policy and wider educational practices, and shall be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality outcomes of all aspects of the school, including financial and human resources, pupil behaviour and discipline, educational and support services, and marketing and communications.
- Ensure that teachers maintain a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child, including weekly observations in each area, and a developmental assessment.
- Ensure lesson plans, schemes of work, class registers and other professional documents are updated are required.
- Checking of registers, diaries, inventory books, occurrence registers, admission records, visitors book, complaints/compliments registers.
- Ensure teachers and staff maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment in the school. Follow-up to ensure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and stored;
- Review teachers' lesson plans, schedules, room arrangements and students’ assessments to ensure the set standards are maintained.
- Identify and prioritize materials and equipment needed in classrooms and playgrounds, and coordinate with CEO in making purchases;
- In charge of performance appraisal in the branch and staff Performance Improvement Plans
- Together with the assistance of the school nurse, handle all emergencies and safety procedures.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and skills
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience.
- At least 2 years in senior Management
- TSC registered.
- Must be a committed individual who is passionate to work with students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and students.
- All applications should be done on or before close of business 25th March 2020 on link below:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted