Our client is a well-established entity focusing on Health Asset Management in Africa. They are looking to hire a Legal and Compliance based in Nairobi.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate should be able to rapidly prioritize and execute on many conflicting demands and projects while exhibiting integrity and sound judgment; demonstrate strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills; possess excellent legal negotiating, drafting and presentation skills.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Complete extensive case-related research into relevant laws and regulations, negotiate on behalf of clients, draft and interpret contracts and legal documents, and oversee compliance to these documents.
- Assist the Global General Counsel in a wide variety of legal matters which may include conducting legal research, advising administrators on matters involving legal interpretations and related decisions, managing representation in litigation, investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings, advising on pending legislation and/or assisting with compliance and intellectual property management.
- Review, maintain, update, and create company policies and procedures as assigned to enable the company to accomplish its objectives.
- Proactively audit processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals.
- Evaluate business activities (e.g., investments) to assess compliance risk.
- Draft contracts, policies, agreements, and other legal documents as needed for compliance with state and federal law and Board of Director’s policies.
- Address employees concerns or questions on legal compliance.
- Serve on company committees as designated by the Global General Counsel and participate in system-wide meetings as requested.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Global General Counsel.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or a related field.
- Licensed in good standing to practice law or eligible to obtain licensure promptly after hiring.
- At least, 5 years’ proven experience in a legal/compliance officer role
- Experience in general corporate law and M&A
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Brilliant communications/analytical skills
- Experience with organization-wide contract review and management process.
- Possess excellent legal negotiating, drafting and presentation skills.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 8th September , 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted