Our client in FMCG industry is looking to hire a management accountant based in Nyahururu
Work Station: Nyahururu
The ideal candidate should contribute towards decision-making process to the management that will ensure business growth and long-term success. S/He should also ensure that costs are always controlled, and resources are efficiently applied in accordance with budgets and forecasts across the entire organization.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations that falls within responsibilities.
- Processing of journal entries into the accounting system.
- Compilation of yearly budgets and plans that are in line with departments’ budgets and plans. Ensure the process is completed and ready for management’s approval every 15th November for proceeding year’s budgets.
- Ensure effective controls and management of all categories of inventory (including engineering spares, chemicals, and all packaging consumables) and ensure effective procedures over transfer to the finished goods stores in the factory as well as proper controls over transfer to other company warehouses across the country. Ensure controls over any products returns to the stores.
- Ensure maintenance of optimal levels of all stock categories and ensure that sufficient stock holdings of all categories of inventory are always maintained to STRICTLY ensure that operations of the company are not disrupted at any time to ensure achievement of business targets and goals.
- Efficient proper controls and costings over all areas of logistics and ensure that sourcing of raw materials routes plans as well as finished products delivery route plans are always tracked and reviewed for cost and operational efficiency. Advise the Management on possible inefficiencies.
- Ensure proper financial controls, accurate and transparent records are always in place over all aspects of inventory, accurate absorption of all cost of sales, accurate sales pricing to ensure achievement of budgeted/ forecasted margins, ensure controls of cost of sales components to align with pricings, analyse at all times the products pricing and all components of cost of sales to ensure efficiencies and safeguard against wastage and regularly advise management on any product that fall short of target margins. Ensure that these accounts are always transparent and reconciled to relevant records and accounts.
- Advice the Finance Manager and Managing Director on a timely manner on any anticipated risks (operational or otherwise) and any projected/expected challenges that the business might face that could hinder achievements of budgets/forecast and advise on required mitigating factors.
- Ensure where possible that the above processes and areas of responsibilities are well computerized through the ERP SYSTEM and ensure controls including segregation of duties and rights to access regularly tested and are always working for enhanced efficiency.
- Regularly review the controls and processes for relevance and effectiveness and promptly update them for suitability.
- Ensure that staff working under these responsibilities are suitable for the job, are well engaged, evaluated, and assessed against Key performance indicators, are well trained and motivated
- Ensure that costs are always controlled, and resources are efficiently applied in accordance with budgets and forecasts across the entire organization.
- Ensure that proper policies and accounting procedures are established and applied consistently in accordance with International Financial reporting standards.
- Provide an efficient and effective financial support service to the Financial Manager related to production of monthly management reports for the board together with relevant brief notes and explanation on performance and any variance against budgets and forecasts as well as comments on efficiency levels before 5th of every following months to assist management and the board in decision making. Liase with the external auditors to ensure accurate records are availed to facilitate timely conclusion of external audits.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce -Finance or Related Field. CPA (K) or ACCA Qualifications.
- At Least 3 Years’ Experience of management accounting with exposure to cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing/FMCG processes
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with computer technology and knowledge of a variety of software programs related to the field.
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, planning and organizing skills
All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th April, 2021 on link below: