Our client a Manufacturer and Distributor of Fast-Moving Consumer Good is looking for a Management Accountant.Job Summary:
Analyzing and presenting financial reports., manage the annual audit process, coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process, manage statutory obligation, work closely with procurement and production departments to Monitor & prepare the relevant management and Cost accounting reports.
- Financial Planning and analysis
- Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
- Perform fixed asset processing to enable reporting and Capital expenditure management
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF NITA levies etc.
- Implementation of financial risk management policies of the company, which include insurance of assets and open risks, tax risk management and forex risks.
- Ensure also that the company working capital is safeguarded by maintaining adequate cash flow.
- Coordinate both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Development of pricing models by analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Responsible to check and reconcile manufacturing variances and yields analysis and interpretation of cost variances on a monthly basis
- Prepare detailed cost reports for manufacturing, identifying key overspends and variances and identifying opportunities of improvements
- Review and recalculate raw material, finished goods and other base costs and determine impact to business by applying changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- Be registered with a professional body such as CPA, ACCA.
- At least 5 years of management accounting with exposure to cost accounting in a busy Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing/FMCG processes
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g SAP.
- Commercial awareness, with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources
- A high level of numeracy
- The ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- Professionalism and commitment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- IT proficiency
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff
- Organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 20th March on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted