Our client a multinational company specializing in Engineering, Construction, and logistical support in remote location is looking to hire a Material handling and warehousing supervisor.
Job Location; Abyei ,South Sudan
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Central Warehouse, in terms of planning the storage of assets under direct supervision of Asset Manager
- Prepare assets for issue and ensure equipment and assets are in prime condition
- Test equipment for functionality prior to storing or issue; receive assets and equipment after R&I and coordinates storage accordingly taking in to consideration special requirement for storage such as Electrical, Chemical, environmental or other sensitive equipment and items
- Prepare issue / hand-over vouchers of equipment and update them in manual / electronic records of assets management including in the property management database
- Assist with determination on status and classification of assets and updates the records in the appropriate system
- Receive, inspect and verify all incoming assets and supplies; provide report to supervisor on availability of expandable and nonexpendable items
- Assist supervisor with preparation of timely write-off of assets as per established procedures; deliver assets to Property Disposal Unit in coordination with Disposal Unit
- Assist with the preparation of equipment packing lists and Cargo Movement Requests (CMR)
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment
- Open and close the warehouse on the schedule established by management and for this purpose maintain and secure keys to the warehouse storage area; Load and unload of consignments.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Trade certificate or University degree in relevant field
- At least 7 years of experience in a related position
- Knowledge of shipping/receiving and inventory standards and practices.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 17th November 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted