Our client providing trucking services across East Africa is looking to hire a Mechanic for big trucks.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out mechanical repairs; routine vehicle servicing; wheel alignment & balancing and cleaning and maintaining the working area, workshop tools and equipment.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general maintenance works, repairing and maintaining motor vehicles.
- Major and minor repairs
- Preventive maintenance of vehicles
- Installation and replacement of faulty parts
- Keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintaining vehicle functional by conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Making work orders and material requests for vehicles
- Carrying out other mechanical duties
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Government Grade Test 3 or equivalent Certificate or Diploma
- At least 3 years’ experience as a big trucks mechanic
- Experience in motor vehicle repair
- Technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a range of tools
- Ability to work methodically, paying attention to details
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
All applications should be done on or before close of business 21st June 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted