Our client providing trucking services across East Africa is looking to hire a Mechatronics Engineer.
To lead the implementation of automation projects and troubleshooting electronic and mechanical related faults on equipment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the policies processes and procedures achieve the institutions objectives.
- Design and implement an advanced electronic control system for mechanical systems.
- Analyze existing engineering procedures and suggest improvements
- Assist in designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Design, develop or implement control circuits or algorithms for electro-mechanical systems.
- Design self-monitoring mechanical systems, such as gear systems that monitor loading or condition of systems to detect and prevent failures.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems or system components to maximize efficiency.
- Planning and monitoring respective technical projects by preparing budgets, cash flows and time schedules to ensure no cost overrun.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs and upgrade the design of such devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Provide consultation and guidance on topics such as mechatronics.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechatronics Engineer or equivalent
- At-least 6-year relevant experience in logistics - trucking industry.
- Should be a member of a professional body
- Should have Leadership, Engineering, Analytical and Employee Relation Skills
- Should have Teamwork, Communication and IT skills
All applications should be done on or before close of business 23rd July 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted