Medical Officer -Critical Care Unit
Contract 3- 6 months
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing curative, superior interventional and preventative medical care in the critical care unit through
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ethically reviewing and instituting appropriate therapeutic interventions for patients admitted to critical care units or requiring critical care across the hospital.
- Reviewing patients in other units where CCU/HDU support is needed and making appropriate decisions on interventions required.
- Performing medical procedures expected of a CCU Medical Officer.
- Ensuring that high standards of diagnostic accuracy and patient care are maintained
- Preparing medical reports and other clinical documents as required
- Ensuring professionalism and timeliness in handling of clients at both individual and departmental level
- Participating in continuous medical education and the development of departmental clinical protocols, quality improvement plans, and initiatives
- Participating in research, clinical audits and review programmes for the department
- Ensuring consistency in the clinical protocols and provision of care.
- Assisting in coaching and mentoring of nursing staff on various aspects of critical care and management of critical illness.
- Ensuring regular and adequate communication with patients and relatives on clinical progress.
- Advocating for excellent patient care and outcomes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- 5-year work experience specializing in anesthesia
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed oriented and good interpersonal relations.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to plan ahead and deal with care issues as they arise.
- Must be thorough and proactive to ensure quality care and positive outcome.
- Must be able to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 23rd July 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted