Medical Officer –General Ward
Contract 3- 6 months
The successful candidate will offer quality health care to all patients in the hospital and work closely with other staff in all departments providing support and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Keeping the referring doctor informed of inpatient progress.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all inpatients are accurate.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics
- Extensive knowledge of medical recordkeeping practices.
- Advanced ability to ensure the highest standards in patient care and compliance with healthcare regulations.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 23rd July 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted