Our client a key player in telecom industry is looking to hire a Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Job Location; Nairobi
- Set up the Logistic department, starting at the beginning supply chain to the provision for local team and customers,
- In charge of organizing flows and storage of goods required for the company within warehouses at the lowest cost of ownership,
- Responsible of the local purchasing function and regional sourcing.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and follow purchase and logistic Kpis (stock rotation, etc.) and its evolution in order to optimize overall costs,
- Identify any anomalies or malfunctions into the logistic and supply chain and its causes,
- Optimize the logistical organization: identify equipment and materials needs (forklifts, material handling equipment, etc.) and plan the necessary investments in accordance with the management,
- Ensure that installations and equipment’s are working properly; organize maintenance and reconditioning of damaged equipment.
- Recruit logistic, purchase teams, and support their integration I collaboration with HR department.
- Supervise logistic and purchase teams: determine objectives, organize debriefing with teams, ensure information, training and integration of new employees and temporary workers,
- Evaluate and train purchase and logistic teams under his direct responsibility. Ensure the development of their skills and evaluate their development potentials,
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are applied.
Responsible of general local purchasing costs, subcontracting and production (sourcing, negotiations, contracts…),
- Responsible of regional purchasing costs, subcontracting and production (sourcing, negotiations, contracts…),
- Manage procurement order cycle, order of outsourcing and products upstream production
- Manage group age of goods, plan transport, and implement customs operation upstream and downstream,
- Follow supplies programs and relationships with internal suppliers and customers
- Organize reminders in case of delivery late and alert,
- Organize provision of goods to customers in setback zone and when appropriate, delivery operation to customers,
- Plan potential deliveries and control customer orders,
- Control returned goods to suppliers, or defective products requiring repair,
- Prepare procedures for optimizing costs, schedules, quality and control of phases of getting goods and services,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor or Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement.
- Previous experience in Telecom industry is an added advantage
- Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent certification from a recognized institution;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a busy procurement environment
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related software
All applications should be done on or before close of business 14th December 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted