Our client dealing with food manufacturing company is looking to hire a Procurement officer –Raw materials.
The primary role is sourcing for high quality raw materials and negotiate the contracts to purchase raw materials with suppliers.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying and sourcing the best value and quality agricultural produce as required and sharing updates with the procurement officer.
- Getting different price quotes from supplier /farmers for all the raw products that the company purchases and sharing with the supervisors
- Creating a comprehensive digital database for all farmers interacted with in different regions in Africa
- Engaging with farmer organizations in different parts of Africa and creating workable contracts
- Assist in designing and updating annual procurement plan by reviewing seasonal production cycles for different products within the continent.
- Attending conferences, meetings and industry events upon confirmation and direction from the company.
- Assist in review and updating of the company Raw material procurement standard operating procedures.
- Ability to manage large spends across multiple Procurement categories,
- Leading contract negotiations, driving cost savings initiatives, and implementing strategic
- sourcing best practices
- Source, maintain and develop credible and competitive suppliers and supplier relationships
- Prepare and manage supplier agreements and contracts to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
- Retaining the vendors that have already been developed.
- Place orders with suppliers in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Diploma /Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in such a role within a food manufacturing environment is a must.
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Experience managing raw materials/ingredients
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Be willing to travel across the country
All applications should be done on or before close of business 24th December 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted