Our client in the construction Industry is looking to hire a Procurement Officer.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing and tendering activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The candidate is also responsible for maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Prepare tender/RFQ Proposals by overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, and compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee the tender/RFQ proposal submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance including monitoring all related liabilities and third party contracts.
- Reviewing all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposals.
- Managing databases by organizing and tracking bid submissions and responses, updating the databases regularly and setting up customer profiles in appropriate databases and maintain customer information.
- Prepare reports.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or any relevant field.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to Online tendering and ERP system is a must
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and presentation abilities
All applications should be done on or before close of business 12th Aug 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted