Our client a medical supplies company is looking to hire a Procurement & Tenders Officer based in Nairobi.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will under the supervision of the Managing Director, be responsible for assisting administration, sales and operation departments including procurement, sourcing, pricing, tender processing and general operational logistics.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Research and evaluating potential suppliers.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing with suppliers.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products to ensure they meet customer specifications.
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare reports on purchases including cost analysis.
- Source new suppliers, maintain existing suppliers and develop mutually strategic partnerships to add value to purchases in terms of goods and services.
- Develop performance reviews and improvement programs for key suppliers.
- Implement and periodic review of purchasing policies and procedures to increase departmental efficiency.
- Manage supplier accounts and maintain public relations with suppliers.
- Prepare tender/RFQ Proposals by overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, and compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee the tender/RFQ proposal submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance including monitoring all related liabilities and third party contracts.
- Reviewing all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposals.
- Managing databases by organizing and tracking bid submissions and responses, updating the databases regularly and setting up customer profiles in appropriate databases and maintain customer information.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Procurement work experience minimum two years preferably in the Healthcare Industry
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Procurement or Finance Related Field
- CIPs qualification will be an added advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially, word and Excel
- Clean and valid driving license
- Supervisory experience will be an added advantage
- Proactive /analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Must have a high level of integrity.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 29th April 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted