Our client, a manufacturing company is looking to hire a Quality control officer.
Reports to; Quality Assurance Manager
Job Location; Nyahururu
Ensure production of high quality products through testing, documentation, troubleshooting and openly sharing observations and recommendations to the immediate supervisor or to the management.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sampling and testing ALL incoming materials to ensure they conform to company quality specifications.
- Monitor in-process production to ensure specifications and critical limits are met.
- Approve finished products for release to the market by confirming specifications.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed in all tests in order to obtain accurate results.
- Carry out inspection of all materials to be used in production for conformity.
- Ensure GMPS (Good Manufacturing Practices) are observed throughout production and report any non-conformances.
- Ensure all lab equipment are in good working condition by following operating instructions; reporting any breakdowns.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure regular and effective general housekeeping of the lab facilities, and assist other staff in the execution of maintenance and sanitation programs of production facilities and machinery.
- Maintain accurate daily records in regard to all laboratory analysis
- Carry out monthly stock take of lab equipment and apparatus and reconcile
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Diploma/ degree in food science or Dairy technology
- Proven experience as a quality control officer especially in a milk processing plant.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in computer word processing and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong regard for quality assurance according to company standards
- Good knowledge about industry products and processes
All applications should be done on or before close of business 29th October 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted