Our client in an up-market Bar & Restaurant in Nairobi is seeking to hire Restaurant Supervisor
To ensure that a restaurant runs smoothly, to hire and train staff, manage schedules, and ensure compliance with all food health and safety requirements. To oversee the activities of restaurant staff, expedite customers' orders as needed, and maintain good working relationships with suppliers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff's work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in hospitality management or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a supervisor in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 26th October 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted