Our client in the FMCG industry is looking to hire a Sales Manager.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing sales strategy, ensure execution, monitor performance, and maintain customer relationship to ensure top line growth of the company.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing sales feasibility to develop channel segmentation and sales strategy for better penetration in the market and making the sales more productive.
- Preparing and monitoring the annual sales budget in consultation with the Head of Commercial Services.
- Developing and achieving/exceeding the sales volume/revenue goals targets as defined in the Sales Plan for the sales channels and monitoring the sales budget to ensure optimum allocation of resources.
- Utilizing information from data analysis, coupled with information on the brands, promotions, budgets and objectives, assist the Finance department to develop forecasts by item/by account/by month.
- Establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing periodic sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume.
- Managing sales territories, incentives/commissions, third parties, and sales force skills and capabilities to streamline the accounts.
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Building relationships with high-value customers and periodically discuss their evolving needs.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Division to ensure marketing tools are provided to the trade to increase brand visibility and thereby achieve business objectives.
- Managing and tracking performance of employees within the section.
- Reviewing and improving sale route maps for the sales team.
- Conducting regular market visits to check route coverage and availability of products in the market, competitor activities, and look for new business opportunities.
- Coordinating with the Finance to ensure compliance with all financial norms to control collections and receivables.
- Collecting information with regards to quality of products and sharing that information with the Quality and Production sections.
- Participating in Sales and Operations Planning meetings.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or any relevant field.
- Certification in Sales/Marketing or any relevant field from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience, five of which must be in a managerial position.
- Previous experience managing a sales team that spans a wide geographical area.
- Experience using SAP or any other complex enterprise software.
- Experience in the sale of FMCG products, preferably with direct distribution channels
Kindly upload your CV to the link below if you meet the above requirements before 2nd June 2021:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted