VACANT POSITION: SCHOOL FARM MANAGER
Our Client, an Established Private Boy’s Secondary school, located along Kiserian Isinya Road is seeking the services of School Farm Manager.
WORK LOCATION: KISERIAN ISINYA ROAD
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Farm manager will be in charge of farm and all the activities related to farm including hiring casual labourers when needed, deciding on the crops to grow according to school needs, will oversee and supervise all the staff working in the farm.
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analysis market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of surplus produce to raise revenue.
- Manage the school farm as a revenue centre
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyses soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Advice the management on the necessary farm machinery and appliances to purchase and supplies
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Negotiates with the buyers where necessary.
- Evaluates financial plans and makes farm budget proposals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or Farm management
- Accreditation from a farming Association
- 5 years’ experience in the same capacity
- 35 years and above
- Positive attitude and team player
- Information Technology know how
All applications should be done on or before close of business 3rd January 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted