VACANT POSITION: SCHOOL HEAD CHEF
Our Client, an established Private Boy’s Secondary school, located along Kiserian Isinya Road is seeking the services of School Head Chef.
WORK LOCATION: KISERIAN ISINYA ROAD
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide the school with relevant, seasonal and nutritionally balanced menus with flare and imagination. The focus is on serving hearty, well balanced meals for the students and school guest when there are occasions. As the Head Chef you will in charge of the kitchen, staff working in the Kitchen and all related activities.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Approve the quality of food before served to the students and guests.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified menu in the school
- Arrange for repairs in the Kitchen where and when necessary
- Plan remedy any problems or defects in the School Kitchen and environs
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates who are appointed to assist in the Kitchen.
- Estimate staff’s workload and prepare leave schedules.
- Maintain necessary Kitchen record and duty rooter
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate from a reputable college or University
- 35 years and above,
- Over 5 years’ proven experience as an assistant head chef or head chef in a 2-star hotel facility, having worked in an International school will be an added advantage
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Credentials in health and safety training.
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, RMS, POS)
- Certificate of conduct and two referral letters from previous employers
All applications should be done on or before close of business 3rd January 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted