Our client in the FMCG industry is looking to hire a CATEGORY MANAGER.
Job Location; Mombasa
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and executing strategies of respective categories across the sales & distribution, marketing and part of the supply chain functions to satisfy consumer and maximize sales.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage sales team for improving sales of a specific category of products
- Develop selling strategies based on with company’s competitive and success elements.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the business tactics for development, marketing and sales of the products in the category.
- Develop and execute category plans to meet revenue goals.
- Manage inventory levels to maximize sales. This is through ensuring that merchandise is present at all points of sale.
- Assist in preparing capital budget plan and expense management plan.
- Make changes to the product line to increase profit margin.
- Respond to customer’s queries about new products.
- Implement monthly promotional strategies to achieve sales goals. Planning, budgeting and executing of advertising and promotional activities for the category, leveraging on consumer marketing platforms.
- Negotiate price changes with vendors and inform the changes to relevant departments of the organization.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop product promotions to drive sales.
- Address customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion
- Perform customer negotiations and determine new customer contract terms.
- Stay updated on industry trends and market competitions. Benchmarking and implementing best practices in category management & respective areas of work
- Attend industry events and trade shows for promoting company products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Degree in Sales and Marketing
- CIM Certificate
- At-least 5 year(s) relevant experience
- Functional Skills; Team management, Persuasive communication, Analytical skills, Negotiation skills, Creative thinking
- General Skills; Teamwork, Communication Skills, IT skills, Customer Service, Time Management
All applications should be done on or before close of business 2nd July 2021 on link to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted