Our client in an up-market Bar & Restaurant in Nairobi is seeking to hire Waitress /Waiter
To take orders and serve food and beverages to customers, to ensure customers satisfaction, check on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Take accurate food and drinks orders.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- A formal training in food and beverages.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system.
- Basic math skills.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent handwriting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well
- In a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Extremely high personal hygiene.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 26th October 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted