Vacant: Warehouse officer
Our client in telecommunication industry is looking to hire a Warehouse Officer based in Nairobi.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate should guarantee the good performance of Stocks (Reception, entry into stock, exit from Stock), organize the Store team to meet all requests within the required deadlines and constantly update the Store's stock status.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Coordinate with the Purchasing department on the planning of in-store receptions (Import & local purchases)
- Proceed to the qualitative and quantitative control: checking the apparent condition of the packages, quantitative comparison against the delivery slip or the packing list)
- Codify the packages (generate a bar code or manual coding, affix the bar code label to the package, "Flash" the package as "Stock entry or affix the Excel format label).
- Receive defective parts and materials from site returns.
- Receive and verify the validation of the operational staff's "Exit vouchers"
- Supervise the preparation of orders by the Warehouseman teams by ensuring the availability of the quantities requested for each item
- Prepare deliveries to Stores (Replenishment of Stocks)
- Make sure that the packages are removed from the theoretical stock (Flashing or on Excel file).
- Supervise the loading and handling of packages by the carrier
- Provide the Carrier with all of the documents necessary for the operation (Copy of Release slip, Delivery slip)
- Plan the daily work of the teams according to the importance of the flow of the day
- Ensure that stock movements in the computer system are carried out simultaneously as soon as there is physical entry and exit of the stock
- Ensure the cleanliness of the store (Management of packaging waste, order and supervise the daily cleaning of the warehouse).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- At least 3-5 of years of relevant experience in inventory management
- Knowledge of warehouse management and management of “Store” teams.
- Be comfortable with the IT tool, especially the office pack (Word, Excel, power point, etc.)
- Experience in the field of telecoms would be an added advantage
- logistics and transport management, business management experience is required
- Have a good level in French, both oral and written
- Good analytical skills
All applications should be done on or before close of business 19TH March, 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted