Vacancy: WAREHOUSE/STORES OFFICER
Our client dealing with manufacturing of food products is looking to hire a Warehouse/stores officer
Job Location; Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, tracking, disbursing, and reconciling all supplies and stock. He/she will liaise closely with Procurement, Marketing and Production to place orders and receive supplies
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring all stores transactions and overseeing and supervising store staff.
- Overseeing that vehicle materials are received and issued accordingly.
- Making sure that company disposal materials are done procedural in liaison with quality department
- Organize daily, weekly, monthly, and annual stock taking exercises and reconciliations.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory shortage, minimize stockouts.
- Overseeing that inventory is moved by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse, coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Receive and inspect deliveries to ensure they meet expected specifications
- Ensure that stock movement is monitored, and the stocks balance are accurate at all times
- Ensure that raw materials received are properly matched with respective L.P.O, pack list or delivery notes.
- Prevent theft or pilferage by maintaining proper and effective checks
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconcile physical stocks with SAP system.
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor’s degree in Warehousing/Logistics or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in warehousing at Management level.
- Prior experience supervising not less than 10 staff in the warehousing environment
- Familiarity with use of an IT system in the warehousing environment.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 7th August 2020 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted