Vacancy: Workshop Supervisor
Our client is in Logistics Industry is looking to hire Workshop Supervisor for Heavy Commercial Trucks
Responsible for the operation of the workshop which services and repairs heavy commercial trucks .The incumbent receives general supervision and supervises a staff of skilled tradesmen and helpers. Supervision exercised is of an administrative as well as of a technical nature.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Inspects, diagnoses, and locates mechanical difficulties in heavy vehicles in a variety of diesel-powered maintenance and reviews repairs and servicing work upon completion.
- Overhauls, repairs and adjusts engines, transmissions, differentials, clutches and heavy vehicle hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in the heavy vehicles & machines and repair. Diagnoses problems, disassembles units, repairs or replaces parts, and reassembles units.
- Performs routine maintenances checks and adjustments on such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, belts, brakes, tires and clutches; changes filters and oil, and lubricates vehicles and motor driven equipments
- Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on heavy vehicle & machines, using fleet maintenance and management software
- Estimates needs and requests supplies, materials, tools and equipment. Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized and in good working condition
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Prepare list of parts to be stocked to support customer fleet
- To assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree / Diploma in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering.
- 4 years experience in a similar role
- Technical Experience in Heavy commercial Trucks
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and the necessary safe precautions.
- Considerable skill in the use and operation of tools, machinery and related
equipment of the trade.
- Ability to plan, lay out, direct and supervise the work of skilled tradesmen and
- other shop workers is of prime importance.
- Ability to make estimates of the cost of labour and materials and to arrange for procurement and supply.
- Ability to maintain stock records and prepare reports
All applications should be done on or before close of business 26th October 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted