VACANT POSITION: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Our client an Africa-focused healthcare asset management entity, committed to investing in and transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology is looking to hire a CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The ideal candidate will provide strategic management of the operations of the holdings company including the integrated group of health facilities across Kenya. He/she will exercise management responsibility, ensuring efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, staff and external stakeholders.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations and Data Management:
- The COO will be responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the organization with its operations. He/she will develop a robust strategy to guide the operational activities across the organization’s corporate level and its owned facilities.
- Manage and address operational problems raised by the facility-level CEOs and other staff.
- Work with the facility-level CEOs in designing a supportive supervision strategy to bridge gaps in the performance standards of basic management systems at individual facilities
- Enforces the utilization of Electronic Management Record system for efficient and effective data capturing.
- Actively monitor facilities’ progress to identify critical bottlenecks, potential strengths and weaknesses in management and execution of policies and processes.
- Identify lessons learned and use the knowledge gained from risk evaluation to prioritize timely interventions and employ robust coping mechanisms to achieve company-wide goals
Supply Chain Management:
- Oversee the pharmacy supply chain, procurement and general supply chain management
- Design a fit-for-purpose and sustainable drug supply chain system across all its owned facilities.
- Develop a strong relationship between all supply chain vendors
- Design a vendor performance management system for the supply chain, to measure their performance against certain KPIs such as quality, order fulfillment and stock-outs at the facility and provide weekly feedback across the board
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality initiatives across all its owned facilities
- Responsible for providing expertise and oversight for the implementation, operations, upgrading and leveraging on the use of technology system for the clinical care of patients across different regions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months housemanship & Residency completed
- An M.Sc./MBA/PhD in Financial Management, Business Operations, Strategic Management, Public health, Health Economics, Health Administration or Health Care Operations and Management will be an added advantage
- Over 7 to 8 years’ professional experience in Business Management/Operations in Healthcare, Healthcare management and operations with 3 years in a managerial position
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Excellent knowledge and experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Patient-oriented with excellent counseling skills.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
All applications should be done on or before close of business 28th February 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted